February 15, 2017
Friday, February 17, 2017
Lavin-Bernick Center on Tulane’s Uptown Campus, Room 203
Breakfast, Lunch, and Refreshments will be served
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
NBA Legends Jam Session: A Conversation with Mike Dunleavy Sr. and Rick Barry
11:05 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.NBA General Counsel: From Live Streaming to Wearable Technology: Hot Legal Topics in the NBA
- Mike Dunleavy Sr. – Head Coach, Tulane Men’s Basketball; Former NBA Player, Coach, and General Manager; NBA Coach of the Year.
- Rick Barry – Former NBA and ABA Player; 8-time NBA All-Star; One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.
- Moderated by Todd Graffagnini – The Voice of Tulane Athletics
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.NBA Front Office: An Inside Look at Running an NBA Team
- Melissa Goldenberg – General Counsel, Phoenix Suns
- Jason Hillman – Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Ben Lauritsen – Senior Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Portland Trailblazers
- Moderated by Prof. Gabe Feldman – Director, Tulane Sports Law Program; Associate Provost for NCAA Compliance, Co-Director, Tulane Center for Sport
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.mNBA Journalism: The Daring Young Men on The Flying Trapeze
- Michael Arcieri – Director of Basketball Operations, Orlando Magic
- Jon Phelps – General Manager, Grand Rapids Drive
- J.J. Polk – Executive Director of Basketball Administration, New Orleans Pelicans
- Richard Smith – Executive Director of Basketball Operations, Utah Jazz
- Jonathan Abrams – Bleacher Report
- Ben Golliver – Sports Illustrated
- Howard Beck – Bleacher Report
- Moderated by Prof. Thomas Beller – The New Yorker, Tulane Department of English
Event is co-sponsored by Tulane University, Tulane Law School, the Tulane Sports Law Program, and the Tulane English Department.
Contact Professor Gabe Feldman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.