Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

Information for Non-U.S. Applicants

An applicant who is neither a US citizen nor a US permanent resident does not have eligibility to apply for U.S. Federal educational loans. (Applicants who are neither US citizens nor US permanent residents should not fill out a FAFSA form.) However, several private (non-federal) educational loans allow application by such students if they obtain a US citizen or US permanent resident co-signer.

The co-signer must supply a US social security number, have a satisfactory credit history, and demonstrate sufficient current income to repay credit obligations (including the educational loan). The student applicant also should provide a US social security number if possible. With a creditworthy co-signer, a student can borrow up to the cost of attendance.

Tulane determines the borrower's maximum loan eligibility based on the Cost of Attendance, less any other financial aid received. The interest rates are variable. For more details on these private commercial education loans (and/or to verify the latest information, which may be changed by the lenders without notice), contact each lender directly.

Charter One - TruFit Student Loan 800-721-3969 Interest Rate Disclosure 

Sallie Mae - Smart Option Loan 877-279-7172 Interest Rate Disclosure 

Union Federal - Private Loan   Interest Rate Disclosure Wells Fargo - Private Loan 866-646-3387 Interest Rate Disclosure  

Some helpful information for international students may be found on the web page